Let’s strive for safe journeys!
Be a responsible road user by obeying the rules of the road. Your safety is your
responsibility, therefore take extra caution and be vigilant when using the road.
The MVA Fund offers the following road safety tips to help keep our roads safe and
minimise the loss of lives.
- Always carry your driver’s license with you.
- Make sure that your vehicle is in a roadworthy condition before embarking on a trip. Check that all the lights, indicators, windscreen wipers, brakes and tyres are in a good working condition.
- Seat belts help prevent severe injuries in case of a crash. Ensure that you and everyone in the car is wearing a seatbelt.
- Where possible, do not drive after dark.
- Take safety breaks every 2 hours in order to avoid driver fatigue.
- If you are going to drink, do not drive, rather use a designated driver.
- Always be alert about pedestrians alongside the road.
- Be visible, always drive with your lights on, even during the day.
- Do not overtake more than one vehicle at a time.
- Speed kills. Adhere to speed limits at all times.
Keep the MVA Fund Crash Response Number: 0819682 handy and use it to report
motor vehicle crashes from anywhere in the country.