MEET OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The current MVA Fund Board of Directors consisting of Dr Shitaleni Herman, Mr. Ambrosius Tierspoor, Mr. Pendapala Nakathingo, Ms Ailly Titus and Ms Saima Nambinga, were appointed in October 2017 for a period of 3 to 5 years, by Honorable Alpheus !Naruseb, the Minister of Works and Transport.
Their responsibilities include, inter alia:
- Fulfilment of the State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) Governance Act 2 of 2006, as amended in 2008;
- Strategically guide and lead the institution in an ethical manner, continuously focusing on doing what is in the best interest of the public.
- Setting of the strategic direction of the Fund;
- Ensuring the Fund is managed within a framework of prudent and effective controls and approves changes to the organizational structure;
- Ensuring that management is compliant with relevant statutes, regulations and Ministerial directives applicable
Furthermore, the Fund’s Strategic Plan, Annual Business and Financial Plans that are approved by the Minister of Works and Transport, guides the MVA Fund Board to perform its functions and powers.
The Board may appoint board committees i.e. Board Audit and Risk Committee, to assist with the initial scrutinizing and review of recommendations, before it is considered for final approval by the Board.
The extend of obligations outlined above, puts our Board of Directors in an important position of trust with a responsibility to ensure that the institution realizes its mandate and support our country’s long term expectations and national development plans. Moreover, the Board is tasked with pursuing the attainment of the global Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020 goals, specifically those of Pillar 4 which relate to road user behaviour and education and Pillar 5 which relates to post crash care, both of which bear direct relevance to the Fund.
As such, we pledge our continued support as the entire staff and welcome the Board of Directors to the MVA Fund Family. We wish them a successful tenure!