How to claim from the MVA Fund
The following process provides an outline of how claims are received and processed by the MVA Fund:
- Crash occurs.
- Call Centre is notified.
- Call Centre dispatches ambulance.
- Injured person is treated at the most appropriate medical facility.
- MVA Fund issues MVAF reference number.
- Case Manager undertakes hospital visits & issues claim form for submission by injured person.
- Injured person is discharged from hospital.
- Injured person submits claim form.
- MVA Fund assesses claim and process payment of injury grant if applicable.
- Case Manager drafts & implements rehab plans in consultation with claimant.
- Case Manager obtains progress medical report from specialists.
- MVA Fund communicates medical undertaking outcome of assessment.
- Claim is either closed or further rehab is provided.